Blog posts related to Model y
Past Tesletter articles
Twitter user macbentosh was able to sit on a Model Y, here are his observations:
- Rear seats collapsed with buttons on the left side
- Rear seats appeared to slide forwards and back
- Headspace is 1-2” less than the X
- The second room as wide as a Model S
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #95
The 3rd row in the video looks tiny, we’ve reserved a Model Y with a 3rd row this would work for us since we only need it to occasionally transport a kid or two. From the video it doesn’t seem like the 3rd-row seats would be able to comfortably fit an adult. What do you think?
Unannounced details about the upcoming Model Y from a little birdie:
- AWD only
- $35-$40k base price
- 250+ mile base model
- Autopilot HW 3.5 (with the possibility of a Tesla-designed Radar system, more cameras than current AP, no LIDAR)
- L4 FSD-ready from launch
Still some risk these change, but apparently these are the engineering targets.
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #41
Elon flew to China for the first Model 3 deliveries to public customers but before that he announced the beginning of the Model Y project in China. What we understand is that Tesla is now going to start building the production lines and all the stuff needed to produce Model Y MIC as they do with Model 3s right now.
Read more: TeslaratiFrom issue #93
Last week we shared some news about the Model Y CARB certificate being published. Since then we’ve learned about some people ‘confirming’ from Tesla employees (both on Twitter and Reddit) that Tesla will start delivering Model Y in two weeks. Here’s what we know.
Read more: TesletterFrom issue #95
If you are one of the lucky ones who got invited and you are currently in LA there is a meetup at noon at 3200 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
If you are going to be home and want to watch the event live you can sign up for the live stream here https://www.tesla.com/modely
Read more: TeslaFrom issue #50
Might this mean that the first Signature Model Ys will be delivered soon?
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #94
There have been several reports of spotted Model Ys around Fremont in the past couple of weeks. This is a healthy sign of Tesla working on them ahead of their planned production in fall 2020.
Read more: TeslaratiFrom issue #81
Business Insider claims to have access to internal Tesla docs that talk about a pilot Model Y line at Giga 1 by June 1st 2020 and ramping production up to 7,000 units per week by the end of 2020.
Read more: ElectrekFrom issue #36
Here’s a summary of last Tuesday’s Tesla Shareholder Meeting with the things we got most excited about:
- Tesla planning on opening their own body shops. First 10 to open by the end of June 2018!
- Model Y planned for first half of 2020 (with maybe no steering wheel? :O) M3 test drives at some Tesla showroom locations by the end of June 2018. All stores in North America will have - M3s by the end of July 2018.
- New Gigafactory in Shangai, the first outside the US
Read more: TMCFrom issue #11
Tesla just patented a new vehicle frame casting machine to produce the frame of the Model Y in almost one single piece 😱😱
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #69