Tesla makes their own seats and they are made of vegan leather. The newest version of the seats has more cushion which makes them even more comfortable. Unfortunately, Tesla doesn’t currently offer ventilated seats for any of their models. They were briefly brought back in 2018, but not available as of October 2019.
Past Tesletter articles
New upgrade option for SR+ owners to get back row heated seats for $300. Up until now, this option was only available for owners with the premium interior but it was knowns that the SR+ had the heaters and were just disabled via software.
Read more: RedditFrom issue #99
The 3rd row in the video looks tiny, we’ve reserved a Model Y with a 3rd row this would work for us since we only need it to occasionally transport a kid or two. From the video it doesn’t seem like the 3rd-row seats would be able to comfortably fit an adult. What do you think?
Thank you HandleX for sharing!
- The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
- The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
- The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
- The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference
Release notes include:
- Automatic braking maximum speed increased from 50 to 90 mph.
- Unlocking with phone - now must grab handle for it to unlock.
- Rearranged touchscreen icons by switching the left vent icons with the music and cell phone icons on the right.
- Heated backseats controlled through the AC icon.
Read more: Reddit.comFrom issue #1
Tesla is bringing back the previously discontinued ventilated seats and it is making new black Arachnid wheels available from the ordering process. (Previously, they were only available through the referral process). For now, they’re available both for the Model S and the Model X but only for the P100D.
Read more: ElectrekFrom issue #9