Last Tuesday I was able to attend the Tesla Shareholders Meeting for the first time. It was an incredible experience and I feel blessed I got to meet so many great folks in real life.
It was also great to be able to see the Semi, the Model Y, and the Roadster with my own eyes for the first time. You’ve probably seen lots of pictures on Twitter, here are a few more I took :-)
Also, Elon is quite tall (6’ 2” 😮).
Our 10 highlights
- Model 3 is the highest revenue car in the US in the last year. Of all cars, not only electric vehicles.
- Super efficient, with less drag coefficient than the Model 3 😱
- Great design, it is bigger in the inside than it feels in the outside
- Aiming to start production at the end of 2020
Gigafactory in Europe is coming
Tesla is moving a lot of the body repair in house and repairing some via mobile service to improve the experience. In the proof of concept, they reduced the average time in replacing a bumper from weeks to 1 hour.
V3 solar roof will be better and cheaper than current better options in the market
V3 Superchargers: 700+ new sites in North America, 450+ in Europe and Middle East, and 350+ in Asia
Pick up truck (or ‘cyberpunk’ pickup truck, as Elon Musk called it) to be unveiled this summer.
There’s going to be a Battery Investor Day later this year to know more about battery cells and Full Self-Driving
Tesla insurance happening soon, finalizing a small acquisition before it happens.
Tesla wants to be in India, next year for sure.
So he finally admitted it and said “I’m sometimes a little optimistic about time frames. It’s time you knew” and he added “Would I be doing this if I weren’t an optimist?” Fine with me if the prize is such great progress towards a sustainable and better world with clean and autonomous vehicles.
- "It won’t be long till we see a 400 mile range car."
- "Currently we are selling more cars that we can make."
- "We keep putting gems on it (Teslas) like the fart app. This (the fart app) is perhaps my finest work."
- "It’s financially insane to buy anything but an electric car that is upgradeable to autonomy."
- "We need traffic control for the number of drones flying over the Gigafactory in Shanghai."
Before leaving the Computer History Museum after the event finished, I went for a walk and spotted the first production Tesla Model S in the parking lot.