If you are just now finding out about Tesletter, you can subscribe here!
If you already know Tesletter and want to support us, check out our Patreon page 🙏
Issue 14 - M3: Summon, WiFi, and cabin overheat protection
The latest software update brings these long-waited features to the M3 in addition to speed limit mode and TACC on-ramp off-ramp released for MX and MS as well.
Read more about 2018.24.1
All current Tesla owners and those who order a Model S, Model X, or Model 3 before July 1st, 2018 will never have to pay to maintain the current level of internet connectivity in their cars.
For vehicles ordered after July 1st, Tesla will start offering two different packages: ‘Premium Connectivity package’ and ‘Standard Connectivity package.’
Read more: Electrek
Thank you HandleX for sharing!
- The perforations are only in the middle of the seats and not on the side bolsters.
- The perforation (hole) design has been totally reworked (according to OA). New design pictures below.
- The 2nd and 3rd rows will also have perforations to match the fronts, but with no air flow mechanism.
- The design draws (sucks) heat away. Two other people could also feel the difference
High level explanation of how new software releases are handled by greentheonly. Pretty cool thread (for us dorks :P).
Read more: Reddit
Awesome templates for Model 3 interior. If you don’t have access to a vinyl plotter you can also purchase a pre-made kit. Highly recommended you use an automotive grade vinyl. Enjoy!
Read more: GitHub
Elon’s screenshot has revealed not only blind spot detection with different modes when changing lanes including Mad Max mode (woot?!) but also:
- Follow nav: The car would follow the navigation directions
- Blinker to fork: some people seem to think that this is the possibility of telling the car where to go on a fork by using the blinker
- ULC: maybe Unassisted Lane Change?
Read more: Twitter
We don’t usually feature news about Elon Musk’s personal life but… we thought we’d make an exception for his birthday: Happy Birthday Elon!
What the acronym?
As Tesla fan I find myself sometimes having to remember what are all those acronyms, here is a list of the ones you can find in this issue.
- TACC - Traffic-Aware Cruise Control
- MCU - Media Control Unit (touchscreen)
- MCU 1 - Has an envidia NVIDIA Tegra-3 chip. All Model S and Model X built before end of March 2018 have this version.
- MCU 2 - Has a more powerful Intel x86_64 processor. All Model 3 have this version as well as the Model S and Model X built after end of March 2018.
- OTA - Over-the-air. The method to deliver software updates without having to plug our car to a computer.
- MS - Model 3
- MX - Model X
- M3 - Model 3
- OA - Owner Advisor
Tesletter is put together by Ignacio
. We're really grateful for all the love and feedback we receive. Special thanks to our supporters
. If you like what we do, please consider supporting Tesletter. All the funds will go into making Tesletter more awesome.