Blog posts related to Blind spots
Past Tesletter articles
This video is an oldie but goodie. As Europeans driving in the US we thought that blind spots in the US were bigger because lanes are wider. It turns out that there is a pretty big difference between the side mirrors in the American and European Tesla Model S too.#21
Tesla released 2019.4 over the weekend to what it seems a small group of Model 3s. The new features are:
- Blind spot warning chime: In addition to the red line the car, it would also have an audible chime if there is an obstacle in your target lane
- Auto-Folding mirrors based on location: You can know remember when to fold an unfold your mirrors, perfect for narrow garages!
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #46
Model 3 version 8.2 will allow Tesla owners to report bugs via voice, select a song from the Tesla app, and receive blind spot notifications, according to Elon Musk’s tweet.
Read more: TwitterFrom issue #10
Tesla release versions odd numbers have historically been betas only pushed to a handfull number of users (3 - 5 according to Teslafi) under an NDA. Last time that a beta was rolled out was a few weeks before the NN rewrote, so we have high hopes that this one includes something big as well. The lucky ones who have rooted their Tesla are dropping some bits of info on TMC, see below (Thanks BigD0g and dennis_d for all the info!):
- Screen showing blind spot messages and detection (read more)
- Improvement on how AP handles road dividers (read more)
- AP2 running 2018.21 showing cars in adjacent lanes (ala AP1) (video) TMC Forum