Tesla is rolling out the latest software update 2020.48.5 which introduces great improvements in Sentry Mode, text messaging, and navigation. Check it out!
These are the release notes of a Model Y in the US:
Here’s what’s new compared to the previous version, 2020.44:
- Text messaging improvements: ‘Consecutive messages from the same sender will now be displayed and dictated together for an improved viewing and listening experience.’ Nice UI improvement:
- Navigation improvements: New images displayed in the instrument cluster (Model S and Model X) or in the turn-by-turn instructions on the touchscreen (Model Y and Model 3) to better navigate through complicated highway junctions and city intersections. Make sure you get the maps update as well!
- Sentry Mode improvements: ‘Sentry Mode footage of the last panic event will now be saved to onboard memory.’ Which means if you forgot to plug the USB or it got stolen, you will still be able to recover the footage. Nice!
- Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning: ‘Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign or stop light while Autosteer is in use.’ One can only hope this warning is as good and smooth as the ‘chime on green’ for cars with FSD.
- Dynamic Brake Lights: I like how these type of changes make it easier for Teslas to be mindful of the surrounding cars and drivers- which may not know about Autopilot and its sometimes unexpected behavior. Great safety enhancement.
- Unlatching charge cable: For those cases in which the charge cable doesn’t have a release button on the connector handle, it is now possible to press the small black button to the left of the charge port inlet to unlatch the charge cable when the car is unlocked.
- QQ music improvements: Small nice enhancement introducing support for shuffling tracks in a playlist.
- TRAX v0.2: New redesign to help you create audio masterpieces in just a few taps.
Who gets what. Tesla update 2020.45.8
|Text messaging improvements||All models||none|
|Navigation improvements||All models||Needs maps update|
|Sentry Mode improvements||All models||none|
|Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning||All models||Not FSD|
|Dynamic Brake Lights||Model 3, Model Y||none|
|Unlatching charge cable||Model S, Model X||Chargeport door button|
|QQ music improvements||All models||none|
|TRAX v0.2||All models||MCU2|
Tesla owners who liked this article also liked these accessories...
Have questions? Reach out at email@example.com
Have you not ordered your Tesla yet? Use my referral code http://ts.la/ignacio9266