Tesla 2020.40.* started rolling out to owners a few days ago. Since yesterday, 2020.40.3 seems to be arriving to more owners in the US, Canada, and Australia. What’s new in 2020.40.3? Speed Assist, Glovebox PIN, Priority Bluetooth, and more.
These are the 2020.40.3 release notes from a Model Y in Canada:
What's new in the 2020.40.3 update
Here’s what’s new compared to the previous version, 2020.36:
- Speed Assist Improvements. Just recently, Tesla cars started using the external cameras to detect speed limit signs. Some owners outside California reported several issues not detecting the right speed limits. With this update, the functionality seems to have been improved and fixed. If you have MCU2, you should also be able to see the speed limits in the driving visualization as they are being used to set the associated Speed Limit Warning.
- Priority Bluetooth Devices. “To avoid connecting to the wrong nearby phone, you can now set your priority Bluetooth device.” Awesome. So no more receiving text messages for my partner when I’m the one driving and they can perfectly check their phone.
- Mobile App - Vent Windows. “You can now vent all of your windows from the Tesla mobile app.” Not completely sure how useful this is or how often I will use it, but happy that for once Model S owners are getting a special treatment 😂
- Glovebox PIN. “Protect the valuables in your glovebox with a 4-digit PIN.” We knew this one was coming since earlier this week it had been introduced in an update for Chinese owners only. See it in action below:
Pin-to-open option is available to Chinese owners now after the newest OTA. pic.twitter.com/Bha7RFixH8— Ray4️⃣Tesla⚡️🚘☀️🔋 (@ray4tesla) October 4, 2020
- Charge Port Inlet Heater. “Your car can now use the charge port inlet heater to help defrost the inside of the charge port. The charge port inlet heater can be activated in cold ambient temperatures by enabling preconditioning using the mobile app, activating the rear defrost button on the vehicle’s touchscreen, or preconditioning the vehicle using scheduled departure.” And after the smart preconditioning improvements introduced last winter, it seems that Tesla keeps on trying to make it more convenient for owners living in cold areas. Way to go.
Who gets what
|Speed Assist Improvements||All models||FSD (HW3)|
|Priority Bluetooth Device||All models||none|
|Mobile App - Vent Windows||Model S||Mobile app v.3.10.0 or later|
|Glovebox PIN||All models||none|
|Charge Port Inlet Heater||Model 3, Model Y||Heated charge port (Intlet)|
Tesla owners who liked this article also liked these accessories...
- Floor mats and liners by 3D MAXpider (Model 3)
- HEPA cabin air filer (set of 2) - Model 3/Y
- License plate mount “Quick Bandit” (Model Y)
- Carbon fiber interior (Model Y)
Have questions? Reach out at email@example.com
Have you not ordered your Tesla yet? Use my referral code http://ts.la/ignacio9266