Tesla is rolling out a new software update, version 2020.36.10, which brings improvements to ‘Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control’ to Tesla owners in Australia and Europe. The ‘go-on-green’ feature has been available in the US since version 2020.24.6.
These are the release notes from Tesla’s version 2020.36.10 in Australia:
What's new in the 2020.36.10 update
Here’s what’s new:
- Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta). Great news for folks in Australia and Europe. The Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature no longer requires explicit driver confirmation of pulling the Autopilot stalk to continue through green traffic lights when there is a lead vehicle ahead of you. The stop line in the driving visualisation will now turn green to indicate that the car will continue through an intersection.
- Navigate on Autopilot (Beta) - Exit Passing Lane. This one is new for everyone. While Navigate on Autopilot is activated, your car can now remain in the passing lane. To adjust your passing lane preference, tap Controls > Autopilot > CUSTOMIZE NAVIGATE ON AUTOPILOT > EXIT PASSING LANE.
Source: @GassOff2 on Twitter
- Green Traffic Light Chime. Like the next two features, this had already been introduced in earlier 2020.36.* versions. I have to say I love the chime, I was expecting something more annoying and it just works (at least for me). A chime will play when the traffic light you are waiting for turns green. If you are waiting behind another car, the chime will play once the car advances unless Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer is active. When Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control is activated, a chime will play when you can confirm to proceed through a green traffic light. To enable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Green Traffic Light Chime.
- Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning. Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign or stop light while Autosteer is in use. This is not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car.
- Cruise Set Speed Improvement. Quickly adjust the Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer set speed to the current speed by simply tapping the cluster speedometer. You can still tap the speed limit sign to adjust the set speed to the speed limit.
Check out this video by Tesla Tom where he walks us through all the features in 2020.36.10, Australian edition 😉
Tesla owners who liked this article also liked these accessories...
- HEPA cabin air filer (set of 2) - Model 3/Y
- Center Console Organizer - Model 3/Y
- Chrome Delete Kit by Tesbros- Model 3, Model S, Model X
Have questions? Reach out at email@example.com
Have you not ordered your Tesla yet? Use my referral code http://ts.la/ignacio9266