Tesla has started rolling out a new software upate, 2020.36, which introduces ‘Green Traffic Light Chime’ and ‘Speed Assist Improvements’ (speed limit recognition with cameras) amongst others. Check out the details below.
These are the release notes from Tesla’s version 2020.36:
What's new in the 2020.36 update
Here’s what’s new compared to the previous version, 2020.32.2:
- Green Traffic Light Chime. A chime will play when the traffic light you are waiting for turns green. If you are waiting behind another car, the chime will play once the car advances unless Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer is active. The chime takes a bit to play after the light turns green. Curious to see if it would still play if you get going. Here’s a video showing the new feature:
Here’s one as the lead vehicle. Takes a bit more than if you were fully paying attention but of course this is intended as a “hey look up the light changed” sort of chime. pic.twitter.com/6TVvoIakI8— Abdiel (@NASA8500) August 30, 2020
- Speed Assist Improvements. Speed Assist now leverages your car’s cameras to detect speed limit signs to improve the accuracy of speed limit data on local roads. Detected speed limit signs will be displayed in the driving visualization and used to set the associated Speed Limit Warning.
So here’s a picture I just took. Originally when I used to drive in this area it said speed limit was 40 but as soon as it saw the sign it showed it in the screen and automatically corrected it. I’ll see if I can catch a video of it in action. pic.twitter.com/xDFGX1c6AN— Abdiel (@NASA8500) August 29, 2020
Cruise Set Speed Improvements. Quickly adjust the Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer set speed to the current speed by simply tapping the cluster speedometer. You can still tap the speed limit sign to adjust the set speed to the speed limit.
Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning. Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign or stop light while Autosteer is in use. This is not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car
Who gets what
|Green Traffic Light Chime||All models||FSD (HW3)||Everywhere|
|Speed Assist Improvements||All models||none||Everywhere|
|Cruise Set Speed Improvements||Model 3, Model Y||none||Everywhere|
|Autosteer Stop Sign and Stop Light Warning||All models||none||Australia, New Zeland, Canada|
Tesla owners who liked this article also liked these accessories...
- Center Console Organizer - Model 3/Y
- HEPA cabin air filer (set of 2) - Model 3/Y
- Chrome Delete Kit by Tesbros- Model 3, Model S, Model X
Have questions? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you not ordered your Tesla yet? Use my referral code http://ts.la/ignacio9266