Tesla’s latest software update, 2020.28.5, has been rolling out for a few days now and introduces some nice changes in the Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control feature. However, it still doesn’t make this feature available in Europe, for that we’ll have to wait until 2020.28.10 rolls out. For Raven Model S and Model X owners, 2020.28.5 introduces upgrades in terms of range and charging capabilities. See below.
What's in the 2020.28.5 update
- Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta) improvements. Pretty cool how Autopilot can now drive in residential roads, with the ability to go +5mph over the speed limit for a more natural driving experience.
- Passenger Face Vent. Pretty cool that Model Ys are now able to automatically disable the passenger face vents when no passenger is detected. Hopefully this features arrives to Model 3s soon.
- Supercharger Improvements. Affected Model S and X can now charge at V3 Superchargers at up to 250kW peak rate.
- Range Display. Cars with this upgrade (see table below) now display a slightly higher range- 10 miles according to this user on Twitter- to more accurately reflect the capacity of the battery.
- Suspension Improvements. “Ride comfort in HIGH and VERY HIGH is improved through adaptive suspension damping improvements and reductions in maximum allowed speeds and ground clearances.” Looking forward to try out this one!
- Sirius XM Improvements. Improved overall navigatione experience (UX, discovery of stations, content categories). Remember that an active subscription is necessary to listen to Sirius XM.
- New language support. Polish has been added.
Who gets what
|Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)||All models||Hardware 3 (FSD)||Not in Europe. Expected in 2020.28.10|
|Passenger Face Vent||Model Y||none||US, Canada|
|Supercharger Improvements||Model S, Model X||Raven||US, Canada|
|Range display||Model S, Model X, Model Y||S/X Raven, Y Performance upgrade||US, Canada|
|Suspension Improvements||Model S, Model X||none||Everywhere|
|Sirius XM Improvements||Model S, Model X||Must have an active subscription||Everywhere|
|New Language Support: Polish||All models||none||Everywhere|
|Tesla Arcade removed||Model S, Model X||none||Hong Kong|
Check out the release notes from Tesla’s version 2020.28.5 in the US (Model 3):
You're right. It's not disabled on my 3 with 2020.28.5 either. pic.twitter.com/s71CrG7f16— Mark (@CodingMark) July 28, 2020
Tesla owners who liked this article also liked these accessories...
- HEPA cabin air filer (set of 2) - Model 3/Y
- Performance pedal set - Model 3/Y
- Chrome Delete Kit by Tesbros- Model 3, Model S, Model X
Have questions? Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you not ordered your Tesla yet? Use my referral code http://ts.la/ignacio9266