Tesla weekly news delivered to your inbox
List of curated articles, videos, and discussions, delivered to your inbox weekly.
Crafted with love by Ignacio and Vanessa. Do you have an article you'd like to share in the Tesletter? Suggest a link.
This is what Jason Hughes reported:
- Split screen is gone in this build, no more two apps at the same time with the maps always visible
- Nav waypoints
- A new option that says ‘Drive on Nav’
- The UI os now unified with the Model 3
- Maps are always on display
- IC shows a more pulled back view, probably to show cars on the blind spots
- MAME (Arcade simulator)
- No Dash cam feature noted (at least on initial look)
Read more: TMC Forum
As we anticipated last week, the new PIN to drive feature has been released in version 2018.34. Photos courtesy of Philippe DeRuyter.
Read more: TMC Forum
It looks like v9 is not quite ready yet. Some lucky Tesla owners may be getting it in the next couple of weeks, but it looks like it probably won’t be released till the end of September, according to Elon’s tweet.
Read more: Twitter
Tesla has opened up a new self-serve model for owners of its electric cars, giving them the ability to book service appointments online without needing to call or email the company.
Read more: Teslarati
A judge in Ontario has sided with Tesla and agreed that the government was discriminating against the company when it excluded Tesla from the phase-out period of the removal of the province’s EV incentives. (…) Now, if Tesla delivers their cars by September 10, it looks like they should be able to take advantage of the $14,000 EV incentive like buyers of any other EVs in the province.
Read more: Electrek
Tesla has patented a system that by using onboard sonar, cameras, and steering wheel, is capable of automatically turning on the blinkers.
Tesla owners can give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with a new Model S, Model X, or Model 3 Performance until September 16. From that point on, orders placed with a referral code will receive one year of free Supercharging instead of unlimited.
Read more: Tesla Referral Program
What the acronym?
As Tesla fan, I find myself sometimes having to remember what are all those acronyms, here is a list of the ones you can find in this issue.
- MAME - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator
- UI - User Interface
- IC - Instrument Cluster
- M3P - Model 3 Performance
- MX - Model X
- MS - Model S
- EV - Electric Vehicle
- MCU - Media Control Unit (touchscreen)
- MCU1 - Has an envidia NVIDIA Tegra-3 chip. All Model S and Model X built before end of March 2018 have this version.
- MCU2 - Has a more powerful Intel x86_64 processor. All Model 3 have this version as well as the Model S and Model X built after end of March 2018.
Do you like Tesletter? Help us reaching out to more people