If you are just now finding out about Tesletter, you can subscribe here!
If you already know Tesletter and want to support us, check out our Patreon page 🙏
Issue 2 - New Tesla maps rollout
Last month, the federal tax credit for residential charging equipment installation was extended by Congress. If you installed charging equipment at your primary residence on or before December 31, 2017, you may be eligible for a credit of up to $1,000.»
Read More: Alternative Fuels Data Center
The new navigation just started rolling out in USA and Mexico. The new maps are downloaded via wifi and independently from the new firmware. The new navigation shows up on the IC, while the Google Maps in the MCU remain the same.
verygreen informs that “has a super flexible backend with a whole bunch of functionality that Tesla decided not to expose in UI (like preferred route types, multiple voices, multi-stop routes (exposed via supercharger stops) and so on).”
Once the new navigation gets activated these are the release notes:
EThe main qualities of superchargers evaluated and shared by Taxhero (thanks for that!) are:
Apart from the overall score or the supercharger, in this thread Taxhero analyzes the following qualities of the superchargers between Los Angeles and Las Vegas: availability, accessibility, amenities, restrooms, food options, and proximity to amenities.
The superchargers reviewed are Rancho Cucamonga, Yermo, Baker, and Primm.
Thank for sharing!
Read more: Reddit
These are some of the details published on Electrek:
- Recall issued over a bunch of bolts on a powering steering component made by Bosch
- Specific bolts can suffer corrosion in regions with very cold climates and especially where they use calcium or magnesium road salts
- Tesla estimates that less than 0.02% of pre-April 2016 Model S vehicles in the U.S. have this issues
Impact on Tesla
- Tesla expects that it will be immaterial as the supplier covers the cost of the component
Read more: electrek.co
The Model 3 has already surpassed the Audi A4 in sales.
U.S. Sales, 2018 Q1
- Audi A4 (includes S4): 7,906
- BMW 3-series (sedan, wagon, GT, M3): 13,651
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class (sedan, coupe, convertible, AMG Cxx): 13,350
- Tesla Model 3: 8,180
If Tesla achieves their production goal for Q2 they would be at the top of the list.
Read more: Reddit
What the acronym?
As Tesla fan I find myself sometimes having to remember what are all those acronyms, here is a list of the ones you can find in this issue.
- MCU - Media Control Unit (touchscreen)
- IC - Instrument cluster, the screen above the steering wheel
- EV - Electric vehicle
- ICE - Internal Combustion Engine. A popular way of referring to gas cars in the Tesla communities
- SC - Supercharger
- SvC - Tesla Service Center
Tesletter is put together by Ignacio
. We're really grateful for all the love and feedback we receive. Special thanks to our supporters
. If you like what we do, please consider supporting Tesletter. All the funds will go into making Tesletter more awesome.